QUINCY — The winners of the Mary S. Oakley and Lee Lindsay Artist Showcase have been announced.
The judge for this year’s Showcase was Bradley University Director of University Galleries, Exhibitions and Collections Erin Buczynski. She chose the works in the exhibit and selected the winners.
Cash awards were presented to eleven artists. They are:
• Best of show ($1,200): Jennifer Bock-Nelson of Quincy for “Return,” oil
• Second place ($400): Steve Ryan of Quincy for “Brothers Keeper,” stoneware
• Third place ($300): Ann Miller Titus of Quincy for “Her Seams Were Always Straight,” fiber
• Merit awards ($100 each): Jeffery Bruce of Quincy for “It Happened Slowly,” mixed media; Kevin Warning of Quincy for “Aurora Borealis Caves,” acrylic; Bruce Morton of Bowen for “Forgottonia-The Audience #495,” photography; and John Nelson of Quincy for “Sleep,” acrylic
• Honorable mentions ($50 each): Carol Burns of Palmyra, Mo., for “Hidden Habitat,” handmade paper; Jessica Martin of Canton, Mo., for “You Ruin Me,” photography; K. Nadine Mitchell of Quincy for “Summer Table,” oil; and Joe Conover of Quincy for “Feeling Square,” encaustic
The exhibit will continue until Jan. 12 and will be on view during regular gallery hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
This exhibit has been underwritten by The Oakley-Lindsay Foundation, the Oakley and Lindsay family members, the Quincy Society of Fine Arts, and is funded in part by the Illinois Arts Council.
For additional information, visit quincyartcenter.org or visit the Arts Council at 1515 Jersey in Quincy or call 217-223-5900.