QUINCY — Encore!, the volunteer council of the Quincy Symphony Orchestra Association, has announced this year’s recipients of music camp scholarships. The five scholarship recipients attending music camps this summer are:
• Jacob Bross, son of Mark and Lisa Bross of Hannibal, Mo., is a ninth-grade student at Hannibal High School. He will be studying percussion at the UMKC Jazz Camp in Kansas City, Mo.
• Lorral Kanauss, daughter of Alan and Lorri Kanauss of Quincy, is an 11th-grade student at Quincy High School. She will be studying oboe and voice at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Twin Lake, Mich.
• Ella Terwelp, daughter of Mark and Johnna Terwelp of Quincy, is an eighth-grade student at Blessed Sacrament. She will be studying voice at Western Illinois University Junior High Choir Camp in Macomb, Ill.
• Katie Vogler, daughter of Larry and Cheryl Vogler of Quincy, is an 11th-grade student at Quincy High School. She will be studying oboe at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Twin Lake, Mich.
• Rebecca Walker, daughter of Craig and Amy Walker of Quincy, is an 11th-grade student at Payson-Seymour High School. She will be studying voice at Illinois Summer Youth Music, at the University of Illinois, Urbana.
This is the 62nd year these music camp scholarships have been awarded to deserving students throughout the local area. These scholarships were funded by the Battle for the Baton, Fairy Tale Tea and Beat Beethoven 5K events sponsored by Encore!